Saint Petersburg is Russia’s second largest city and the important Russian port on the Baltic Sea. It is one of the most westernized cities of Russia, as well as its cultural capital. Saint Petersburg is also home to The Hermitage, which is one of the largest art museums in the world. A large number of banks, foreign consulates, businesses, and international corporations have offices in Saint Petersburg. You can always get yourself the discount international flights to Saint Petersburg via the online travel portals.
Places of tourist interest
Saint Petersburg has a significant role in the historical and the cultural heritage. Gradually, new tourist sightseeing tours and programs have been generated for those willing to see Saint Petersburg’s cultural heritage.
- The architectural ensemble of the city along with its environs from the 18th and 19th century is preserved in a virtually unchanged form.
- Saint Petersburg is being inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list as the area which has 4000 outstanding individual monuments of history, culture and architecture, and 36 historical architectural complexes.
- The city is home to the world-famous Hermitage Museum and the Russian Museum, the palaces, the museum of famous Russian writer Dostoyevsky, the museum of decorative arts, the Museum of Musical Instruments and the museum of professional orientation.
- The musical life of Saint Petersburg is absolutely stunning, with the city recently organizing a number of annual carnivals.
- The Petersburg School of Ballet is one of the best in the world as ballet performances occupy a special place in the cultural life.
The discount international flights can be great, but make sure you ask around before buying very cheap flights, as most of them come with certain restrictions. Usually the actual discounts only work for you under specific conditions. So, in order to avoid such kinds of agonizing circumstances, it’s advisable to book the air tickets from a reputed online travel portal or website. Always you need to make sure to get a round trip air fare to Saint Petersburg; and to save a few dollars more, book the return flight with the same airline.